The City of Stanton operates under a Council/Manager form of government. The governing body of the City consists of five Stanton residents. The City Council is made up of Stanton's mayor, who is elected at large, and four City Council members elected by voters in their districts, who serve a four-year term of office. Elections are held in November of even-numbered years.
The City Council addresses the current and future needs of the City through the adoption of policies which promote the best interests of the community and the City's relationships with citizens, business, community organizations and other governmental agencies.
• Interactive District Map: Search for your Council District by address (Click Here).
The City Council reviews and decides issues affecting the City; enacts laws and directs actions as required to provide for the general welfare of the community through programs, services and activities; provides policy guidance to City staff and input on local, state, and federal matters affecting the City of Stanton; adopts the City's annual operating budget and decides how the financial resources of the City will be used; hears views of the public on matters pertaining to City functions; defines the goals of the City; and provides the citizenry with a better, more attractive and healthier place in which to live. The City Council appoints boards, commissions and special committees to advise or to perform an administrative function in one or more aspects of City government.
The City Council also serves as the Board of Directors of the City of Stanton, as Successor Agencyto the Stanton Redevelopment Agency.
Chairman: David J. Shawver
Vice Chairman: Rigoberto A. Ramirez
Agency Member: Gary Taylor
Agency Member: Hong Alyce Van
Agency Member: Carol Warren
Regular City Council meetings are held the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at 6:30 p.m. (except for the fourth Tuesday in December) in the City Council Chambers, 7800 Katella Avenue, Stanton.
City of Stanton, as Successor Agency to the Stanton Redevelopment Agency meetings follow the City Council meetings, but not earlier than 6:30 p.m.
• Public Notice - Appointment to the Stanton Parks, Recreation and Community Services Commission / Vacancy to Fill One (1) Seat.
- Application for Appointment to Stanton Parks, Recreation and Community Services Commission (Due June 6, 2019 by 12:00 PM / City Clerk's Office)
• Public Notice - Appointment to the Stanton Planning Commission / Vacancy to Fill One (1) Seat.
- Application for Appointment to Stanton Planning Commission (Due June 6, 2019 by 12:00 PM / City Clerk's Office)