In February the Stanton City Council adopted a revised Permit Parking ordinance and revised Residential Permit Parking Guidelines (Guidelines). The following is a summary of the revised program:
- All properties which are currently in a permit parking zone will continue to have permit parking.
- For the new program, there are Parking Districts and Parking Zones. The Parking Districts are large block areas that are generally bounded by major streets. Parking Zones are areas within the Districts that residents may vote to establish a new permit parking area. Current areas of permit parking are Parking Zones. Multiple Parking Zones may exist within a District, and a parking permit may be used in any zone within the District.
- In accordance with the California Attorney General recommendations, multi-family properties, such as condos or apartments, can now be included in the permit parking program. Applications for new parking permit zones will be available July 1, 2019. The fee is $660. The process is detailed in the Guidelines.
- Each residential unit, such as a home or an apartment, can be issued up to three permits at a cost of $25 each. The permits will be valid for a two-year period from January 1, 2020 until December 31,2021. The permits will be a hangtag that can be moved from vehicle to vehicle.
- Up to 100 overnight guest permit parking passes per year can be obtained per residence at no fee from the City.
- All existing permits, including visitor hangtags, will expire as of December 31, 2019.
- New permits will begin to be issued to all available residents on October 1, 2019.
Read more about Permit Parking Guidelines.
En Español : Permisos de Estacionamiento